Labor Day Weight Loss Strategies
I’m a bigger fan of preventing weight gain than roller-coaster weight gain and weight loss.
It makes life easier.
So can we agree to break even this long weekend?
1) No weight loss, no weight gain?
2) Always striving for an ‘A’ in school but a ‘B’ here will do this time?
3) I’d like a birdie but will take par – make sense?
I thought I’d put together a few strategies for Labor Day
1. Limit Labor Day to Sunday and Monday:
(Do not start Friday & Saturday – tactical mistake)
I understand that many people start ‘cheat eating’ as early as Friday.
- But PLEASE be mindful.
- If you’re already ‘over-limit’ on cheats, start today with clean eating.
- Come on, I’m giving you two days!
2. Balance each meal with a protein:
- Chicken, fish, eggs, beef, etc to complement whatever else you may have.
- Labor Day cannot be viewed as a ‘jail break’ to fill yourself with large amounts of carbs and sugars. Use sound judgment.
3. MCT Oil in coffee, tea, or protein shake:
- This will both decrease cravings and lower blood sugar
- It will help you drop body fat
4. Drink 12oz water before all meals:
- This is good advice anytime and will curb your appetite.
5. Have Cold Processed Molecularly Distilled Omega-3 Fish Oil in AM & PM both days this weekend:
- It will lower your blood sugar and help you drop fat.
6. Watch liquid calories:
- Juice and cow’s milk (should be a never)
- Limit alcohol
7. Use Origin Keto Salad Dressing:
- It will help you drop fat with the salad, especially compared to other dressings.
8. Trick – Push the sugar into your muscle before a meal:
- This is a fat loss trick, do push-ups and sit-ups 10-minutes before eating to force the sugar to get absorbed into muscle glycogen and not remain in the blood to be stored as fat.
- Everyone is at a different level, most people can easily do 10-push ups (from the knees is acceptable) and 20-sit ups at a time.
- Do that three times (sets) then eat.
9. Drink a New Zealand Grass Fed Protein Shake:
- Mix with water at least once if not twice/day
- It will fuel your muscles (metabolism) and prevent blood sugar spikes/crash
- Grass-Fed is a superior protein that is also hormone free and higher in iron. Furthermore, New Zealand Grass is sweetened naturally with Stevia as opposed to Splenda which is in almost every other protein powder.