The biggest barrier to improving health is limiting carbs/sugars. But sometimes it’s easier said than done. That’s why I recommend to eat bacon! Please hear me out for a moment… Just avoiding comfort food or eliminating sugars and carbs can be a process that involves both education and behavior modification with accountability.
Sugar/Carbs act as a drug:
- Brain scans have confirmed that intermittentsugarconsumption affects the brain in ways similar to certain drugs.
- A highly cited study in the journal Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews found that sugar—as pervasive as it is—meets the criteria for a substance of abuse and may be addictive to those who binge on it – Healthline
Comparable to Cocaine:
- Cassie Bjork, RD, LD, founder of Healthy Simple Life, states that sugar can be even more addicting than cocaine.
- “Sugar activates the opiate receptors in our brain and affects the reward center, which leads to compulsive behavior, despite the negative consequences like weight gain, headaches, hormone imbalances, and more.”
- “Every time we eat sweets, we are reinforcing those neuropathways, causing the brain to become increasingly hardwired to crave sugar, building up a tolerance like any other drug.”
Easy to Overindulge:
- Some studies have suggested sugar is as addictive as cocaine.
- People often enjoy the dopamine release sugar brings.
- However, due to the addictive nature of sugar, long-term health effects like obesity and diabetes are a risk of sugar overindulgence. – Addiction Center
Back to bacon….
Not the best protein, not the best fat. There are many “Good Proteins” (chicken, fish, pork, eggs, beef) better for the body than the crispy crunchy texture of bacon. These Good Proteins have higher bioavailability (amino acid absorption) with less sodium nitrate carcinogenic properties. There are also many fats (fish oil, macadamia nut oil, olive oil, MCT oil) better for you than the fat from the bacon. Bacons strips have very low amounts of good healthy omega fats.
However, when you are attempting to break through the terrible sugar/carb addiction, bacon can help do the immediate trick. Most people love bacon, as it tastes so good, and whenever you increase dietary fat, it can lead to a sensation of satiety (fullness with satisfaction). Therefore many people are less likely to eat sugar and carbs thereafter and also report diminished cravings.
Bacon doesn’t work by itself.
I am certainly not saying that bacon will work alone or is a complete program.
It is not.
It is a tool.
It will help along with other tools in the battle to lose weight, drop body fat and improve your health and quality of life.You can lose weight, drop fat and get fit – if you do the right things!
|Fish oil enhances insulin sensitivity. As such, it is good for appetite control and it also helps curb carb cravings. Cold Processed Omega-3 Molecularly Distilled Fish Oil by Strength Genesis: |
•Assists in body fat management
•Helps lower Triglycerides
•Enables cellular repair
•Heart health (help reduce the risk)
•Assists in blood pressure control
•Supports cognitive function
Fish Oil Dosage depends upon body weight:
•Under 100-lbs – 1 soft gel/day
•100-150lbs – 2 soft gel/day
•150-200lbs – 3 soft gel/day
•Over 200lbs – 4 soft gel/dayIf more than 1 soft gel/day, can either take morning, evening or for best results, split AM/PM.
Either on empty stomach or with food. Store in a cool dark place, away from heat. Can be refrigerated or frozen.