There’s nothing wrong with a snack – especially a healthy one.
It can provide energy, regulate your mood and sustain you until a meal.
But ‘Fitness Snacking’?
It’s where individuals nibble many different types of workouts, equipment, diets, fit bits, etc.
In fact, the statistics show that:
- 72% of Americans have home fitness equipment, a fitness tracker, and/or participate in a walking program
- Over 50% of Americans ‘try’ some kind of exercise program each year
- 36% of Americans belong to more than one gym, club, etc.
Sounds good, but…
- Why are 71.6% of adults in US overweight or obese according to CDC?
- Why are 86% of individuals not satisfied with their body?
- Why is the average adult above age 50 on six or more medications?
It’s not from joining gyms, buying home fitness equipment, using Fit Bits or trying a diet!
It’s more than that…
I’ll always encourage fitness and positive behavior!
I think we’re moving in the right direction as a society.
At least people are thinking about fitness, the right diet and getting in better shape – this has improved from a few decades ago when I started my career.
However, fitness snacking is like food snacking….
While It can provide a short term fix – it is NOT A COMPLETE MEAL.
There is a time and place for snacking but not without a complete program.
The way for lasting success with anything in life is the have a ‘complete system’
- Joining yet another gym is not a complete system
- Getting another piece of home fitness equipment is not a complete system
- Trying a new diet trend is not a complete system
Now for most people, they either don’t know where to start or have tried before and not had success.
No worries, I can help you at a few different levels, read below.
Having a system is key – For My Private clients its:
1. Build metabolism with exercise
2. Control glucose with diet
3. Be accountable & track progress